One of my favorite bloggers and a really good friend of mine, Quill, nominated me for this award. Her blogs always have so many thoughts poured out and makes you think from a different perspective. I totally love that. I would heartily recommend that you check out her blog!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
Quill always surprises me and amazes me with everything she does. This time it was with these questions:
- If you could describe your view of life in just one color – which color would that be, and why?
Wow this is hard. If I recall correctly, the color Yellow is used to represent curiosity and that would be the color of my life. My curiosity knows no bounds.
- Imagine that you keep a journal, and one day it suddenly began to think for itself. What would it have to say about you?
This is a very scary thought and it’s hard for me to tell because the whole point of keeping a journal a secret is so that no one knows what’s written there. But, having read my own journal from a few years back, I don’t know if my journal would think I’m good or bad, but it would definitely ask me to work on my insecurities. This is something I noticed and worked on and can happily say, have come a far way.
- You have a job – to christen a recently discovered star. What would you name it, and what does that name mean to you?
Salpf. A name I came up with right now, so it has no meaning to me right now, but I would definitely name it that.
- If you could go back in time (any point in the past) and experience the locale of your choice for exactly an hour, what would you choose to explore?
I would like to go back to when my mom and dad were kids and see what their lives were like, if possible, even interact with them without revealing who I was.
- If you could be an exception to a rule, which rule would that be?
The rules (laws?) of physics. 😀 OMG I’M ALREADY SO EXCITED. Wait, you’re not going to grant me this, are you? 😦
- What does freedom mean to you?
The right to be allowed to do anything unless it harms someone or something.
- You can grant one boon to your childhood self. Would you trust their choice or decide for yourself what to give them? And what would that be?
I would give to to my childhood self. It would be the ability to not let other’s judgment affect me. Unless it can be something unrealistic. Then it would be the ability to read people’s minds.
- How did you choose the name of your blog?
There was a time when I would try to see things from other people’s perspective to see if what I’m doing, however innocent, seemed like a greedy/selfish act. It was something that I started because people around me would complain all the time about other people doing things for their own benefit and I realised a lot of people were cynical. My blog is named in that manner so that people come here to cleanse themselves off that thought and see the good in the world! Although, I don’t know if my blog is doing that exactly.
- What is the one big question regarding this world that puzzles you the most?
Existence. Why am I who I am? Was it ever a choice? Am I the only one alive and is everything around me a simulation? Why is that I only am in control of myself?
- Give a word (preferably in your regional language) that truly speaks to you, and if there’s a story to it, do tell!
Although it’s not in my language, I felt like I related to the word “schlemiel” a lot. This was back in the dark days. But still, it stuck to me. It means “A person for who things never turn out right”. Too much negativity!!!!! I’m sure things turn out right when they need to. Whoever relates to this word, don’t. You will soon find out that the word describes nothing about you.
- Is there a technology, principle or belief that you think can change the world for the better without any side effects? If the answer is no, do you think humanity – at any point in time – will be capable of designing such a system?
No, I believe that there’s a balance. For everything good that comes to this world, there’s always something bad. The Yin Yang is my favourite symbol because it depicts this so perfectly.
I nominate :
My questions for the nominees:
- Do you think everyone has a purpose in life? If so, what do you think yours is?
- How do you justify your existence? (Similar, but not the same 😀 )
- What do you think are three things that form a triangle of balance in your life?
- What are your greatest fears? Do you plan on overcoming them? How?
- What’s one target you’re working on right now?
- What do you do to pick yourself up when you are demotivated?
- 5 of your top pet peeves.
- What was one thing you thought would be the end of you but only made you stronger?
- What’s your favourite passtime?
- Do you have any short term goals that you are working on?
- What is the most exciting thing you can think of right now?
Alrighty!! Have fun. I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. Can’t wait to see yours!