Yes, I know I’ve done this post before but I’m redoing it because another really good blogger friend of mine, Tom Burton from Slumdog Soldier, nominated me to do this amazing award post again! 😀
I love doing these because you get to understand a blogger so much better because of this. Like, in the real world, where we slowly understand people around us and they go from being strangers to our closest friends, this post is some sort of a bridge that connects us to another person.
Now about Tom, there’s nothing I can tell you that will describe just how much I love his blog. I’ve read through a lot of his posts in a very short duration because I love reading them. Go check it out!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
4. Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
5. List the rules on your post and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
- What is your favourite season of the year and why?
Definitely Summer. Why summer? Because as weird as this may sound, I love to sweat. It makes me feel fresh. Also, you know how in winters, you just want to stay in bed all cozy? I hate that feeling 🙂
- Do you have a favourite quote that’s really inspired you?
A friend once told me this when I really needed it. “Let go of everything and see what stays”. I don’t know who it’s by but I really value these words and I value the friend because this is one of the things that hit me really hard when I heard it.
- If you could choose any book character as a close friend, who would it be?
Damn, do I HAVE TO pick only one? Because I have so many characters I’d like to be friends with. Since I have to pick one, it would definitely be Hassan from The Kite Runner (I’m crying as I write this)
- What is one of your favourite comfort foods?
Were you looking for something solid?
Then it would probably be WARM (neither hot nor cold) Parathas and HOT Paneer Butter Masala. In this itself, if it’s not at the right temperature, it won’t be as comforting.
- What would your dream job be?
I have no idea. I really don’t. For me, it’s just about doing anything that interests me and makes me happy and I don’t have anything specific. I can’t say, “My dream job would be to dream, as in sleep” because I don’t like sleeping that much either.
- Why did you start blogging?
Blogging is my way of letting things out and a way of expressing myself. For the longest time, since I was a kid, I could never fully express myself. Some internal feeling stopped me. Then I realized how I always poured my heart out while writing and a few friends suggested that I start blogging and so, CynicalSouls happened. 😀
- How long have you been blogging for?
It’s been two years. The first year, I only kept to myself. I didn’t want to share it because I thought I’d become very vulnerable and the second year, I stopped caring. I wanted to meet more people, I wanted to make more friends, I wanted to understand different cultures, I wanted to read different styles of writing and different genres of blogs.
- What kind of blogs do you enjoy reading?
Like everything else in my life, I don’t have a specific type. I prefer reading short posts but because bloggers here are so good, sometimes I end up reading 1000+ worded posts without realizing it and I love it when that happens.
- What would you like readers to get out of your blog?
Happiness, mainly. But also, I want my readers to understand other people. I want people who read my blog to join me in trying to keep humanity alive.
- What have you enjoyed about blogging?
People. I’ve made such good friends here! I’ve learned so much about them and their country.
And also, I love the feedback that I get. It’s SO motivating. It makes me want to do more.
- Which of your own blog posts would you recommend to new readers first?
For a very long time, I recommended everyone who wanted to read my best post to read this post called Perfection because it was something I was so proud of.
But now, I’d recommend Somewhere Far Away. This post has made people so happy. I loved the response I got because of it and also I loved writing it. It was a lot of fun.
These were so much fun to answer. Thanks, Tom! 😀
And anyone else who wants to participate in this!
If you really want to be nominated, comment! I’ll add you to this list XD
I think I need to start interacting with more bloggers so that I can do these awards in a better manner.
Some of you have already done this award post so I’d like you to just answer the questions that follow, please 🙂
My questions to you:
These aren’t my questions originally by me but by Quill. It was a very fun questionnaire though, so I’m going to copy them here. I hope Quill doesn’t mind it.
- If you could shuttle between now and at some point in the past or future, which event / historical period would you choose?
- White or black? And why?
- Do you think morality is relative, or is it absolute?
- Name one work of art that changed your life.
- A crazy monster is about to charge at you. Describe the funniest, most creative way you’re going to fight it and hold your ground (You can describe the monster too).
- Depict your blog in five numbers and explain why you chose them.
- Expand the following acronym so as to closely describe the most dominant side of your personality: ALACKRE
- You need to choose between a single page of wisdom and a whole blank book of a thousand pages. Which do you pick and why?
- What’s the best thing you love about yourself?
- You have the authority to declare that one day in the year be devoted to some special person/cause. What do you devote it to?
- You get one minute to talk to a powerful person/ entity. The entity will change whatever you want it to change, but you only get one minute to talk and no more. You only have one chance. What do you talk of?